Sunday, August 11, 2019

Patchwork Retreat.

Hi everyone,

I have recently returned from a weekend of my favourite creative hobby.  I just love quilting and patchwork. Twice a year I go away for the weekend and sew, sew, and sew.  Very restoring and relaxing. A friend took this photo whilst away.  Lots of people, lots of quilts and lots of fun had by all.


Whilst I cannot show you the quilt that I was working on, as it is not completed and not gifted yet, I can show you the two wedding quilts I made for our son and his wife and our daughter and her husband.  

The green one was gifted nearly 13 years ago when our son Kerry and his wife Steph got married.   If you zoom in, you might be able to notice that every melon has a music piece included.  Kerry is a musician.  Steph's favourite colour is green. These circle were quite large.


When Carren announced she was getting married, I asked her which quilt pattern she would like me to make.  The Double Wedding Ring was her choice too.  Carren's favourite colour is blue and John's, her husband, favourite colour is purple. I used a different pattern this time, hence the circles were smaller and I required more.


These squares were started a couple of months ago at another quilt retreat.  I added some more.  I don't know what will happen with them yet.  I am just using up some scraps. 






I hope you have a great day,



Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Those double wedding ring quilts are absolutely amazing, quite different looks with a scrap palette and the more planned one, and yet equally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thanks for spending the time to comment. Your comments are always appreciated.