Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Hullo

My husband and I went to Ballarat for the weekend. A long-time friend turned 70.  It was great spending time with him and his wife. We have known this couple for over 45 years.  I was bridesmaid for her when they married, nearly 41 years ago.  It was lovely to leave the busy city world and drive amongst the gum trees.  Whilst we didn’t get off the freeway, I could see the gum trees. You see, I’m a country girl at heart. I spent the first 17 years of my life 150km north of Adelaide. The saying goes, ‘you can take the girl out of the country but you can not take the country out of the girl.’  So true I have been busy making a quilt for my brother and sister-in-law for their 60th.  I will post it when finished.  The quilt is taking much longer than I expected. Hopefully it will be finished before I go to Adelaide.  I have not made any cards for a week or so.  However below is a card I made for our grandson, who is Captain America mad, so Everyday Hero was the obvious birthday card. 

 
Blessings
 

2 comments:

  1. The super hero stamp set seems like one to hang onto for a while, for boy cards. I bet your grandson was thrilled with his special card. Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. Yes, he loved it. Having two gransons, Super Hero’s Stamp Set is going to be a valuable stamp set in my collection.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thanks for spending the time to comment. Your comments are always appreciated.