Thursday, April 26, 2018

Ian and Leanne’s Quilt

Hi,

For those of you who read my blog regularly, do you remember me blogging about a quilt that was doing my head in.  Well it is finished and gifted.

I asked my brother several years ago, what colours did he and his wife like.  Ian stated neutrals.  So I started collecting neutrals which translated to me as being different versions of cream. Well, I have quite a selection now.  However when I put the fabrics together I couldn’t do anything with them.  There did not seem to be anything different. Whilst there were patterns within the fabric, there was no anything else.

So I started sourcing more fabric.  I went to a huge patchwork shop. I knew if I could not find anything in this shop, there was nothing to be found.  Well I came away with a story of fabrics.  Different shades of blues, greys, fawns with a cream as the sashing between each diamond.

I always wanted to create this quilt.  I have always called this The Jane Austin Quilt.  I'm not sure if that is the correct name though. So Ian and Leanne’s quilt was always going to be this one.



This first photo shows my incorrect placing of the diamonds.  As shown below the quilt is suppose to be a square.  The photo above shows a diamond.  Not Happy.  My mum used to say that you have not made a garment unless you have unpicked it.  Well there was a lot of unpicking on this quilt.



Well the quilt has been given to Ian and Leanne.  They like it, that is the main thing.  I can start another quilt now, with some colour in it.

Blessings



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thanks for spending the time to comment. Your comments are always appreciated.